Monday, March 15, 2010

Day One.

Today was the first day of trying to live a healthy life. I was off to a rocky start; eating two packs of mini M&M's and two peanut butter Reese cups for breakfast. Thanks mom.

Besides that, daylight savings time was Saturday so when my alarm went off and it was still dark outside I wanted to cry. I moved like a zombie and carried Pepper outside. I kept the lights off in the house, so when Pepper approached the stairs to come back up to my room, she had a mini panic attack trying to figure out how to do the steps in the dark. That might be the highlight of my day...it was cute and kinda funny.

My first class of the day was Contracts, where I re-read the cases before class just to make sure I knew what was going. I mentally prepared myself to be called on for this hit-and-run insurance case, hoping that I could just get it over with, but no luck...My next two classes were super boring and tried repeatedly not to zone out.

Once I got home I took a nice two hour nap with Pepper and ate some popcorn... (thanks again mom). I woke up and decided to tackle my backyard. It looked like Jumanji out there. The battle wound count is low: only once did I get a load of dirt in my eyes and only a few thorns stuck in my fingers.

After that Pepper and I went on a run/walk. I got in a little over two miles and some lunges around the lake. Pepper's little legs were working overtime during our sprints, but I think she loves it. Some guy ran by and gave me the stink eye. I think he thinks I was torturing little P by making her run a little. Whaterrrr.

My roommate is making a healthy quiche for dinner with egg whites. Anything she makes is delicious, so I'm pretty excited about that. After dinner, I probably have 3 hours of reading to tackle. ew.

Overall-on the food side, not so good, but I'll do better tomorrow. Working out was good with 2.2 miles and an hour working in the yard!

Welp, I smell like a billy goat, time to shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment